Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


January 31, 2008

A tribute to Bush

There's a tremendous amount of hostility these days toward President Bush -- much of it from the right. I understand some of the frustrations; in some cases, I share the policy disagreements; but I certainly don't share the hostility. I see the man as a very solid, decent human being and as a good but flawed president.

I wasn't going to write anything about this, but recently, Ace linked to a post by The Anchoress making a similar case for Bush. She starts by revisiting Bush's calm determination in sticking up for his Secret Service agent, who was barred from entering an official Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation dinner in Santiago, Chile in November 2004. She then reposts a lengthy post about Bush, which I didn't read at the time. I don't agree with her on every issue -- and I myself may have been one of the complainers after the Harriet Miers nomination, though I give Bush credit for getting things right in the end -- but still, I think it's a solid, decent tribute to a solid, decent person. Very much worth reading.