Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


January 15, 2008

Obamao

A few days ago, I was fiddling around with Photoshop to create a Ron Paul bumper sticker. The slogan was going to be "You can't spell 'International Zionist Conspiracy' without J-E-W." But I wasn't satisfied with the way it looked, and I let it drop.

Today, I noticed that Michelle Malkin, in criticizing the Citroen company for apologizing to China after using a (distorted) image of Mao in a car ad, had invited submissions of photoshopped images making fun of Mao.

There are a lot of ways to go about this, most of which involve a whole heck of a lot more photoshop ability than I have. So I went a different way, moving the O in Obama to the end to make it Oba-mao and replacing the O with Mao's image. This is not a knock against Obama -- let's not exaggerate our criticisms of the man's positions by comparing him to a mass murderer -- but a knock against some of his supporters. So I picked an image of modern-day SDSers, who actually are wearing SDS shirts.

Like this:


I'm not sure I've complied with the rule that we make fun of Mao. I've just made fun of his supporters. But here it is. Take it or leave it.