Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


October 18, 2007

Ron Paul chats with his cocker spaniel

"Doctor Paul": It really isn't very difficult to be President.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": All you have to do is read the Constitution.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": And Article II, which establishes the powers of the President, is very short.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": Like only four short sections. There really isn't much to know.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": Because the President has very few actual powers.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": I mean, look, he gets to "give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient" and to "receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers."

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": That's swell. But what really interests me about the position is to be able to "Commission all the Officers of the United States."

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": This President reads way too much into Article II. He thinks that when it says, "The executive Power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America," it gives him all sorts of warmaking powers.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": That's plain wrong. All you have to do is read the Constitution!

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": I'm not even sure this President really believes any of what he says, anyway.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": He's just been getting brainwashed by a bunch of Zionist neocon likudnik Straussians who are loyal to a certain foreign power that doesn't have our best interests at heart.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": I have never -- never -- taken one cent from the Israel Lobby, and I will never come under their influence when I'm President.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": Well, maybe if I need a good doctor.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": Because being an OB/GYN is fine. But it's hard to deliver your own babies.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": Though it's been my experience that you should make sure to have a Christian doctor in the room at all times when you're being treated by a Zionist doctor.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": Just in case, I mean.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": Because if he knows I won't give a dollar to Israel in foreign aid, you never know just where he might start cutting away.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": And I want to be in top health on January 20, 2009, when I take my oath of office.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul": So I can do the best possible job of commissioning the officers of the United States.

Cocker Spaniel:

"Doctor Paul":

Cocker Spaniel: That's all well and good, but would you mind getting me one of those rawhide bagels. Unless that's, like, a little too Zionist likudnik for you. Hmmmmm?

***********

UPDATE (10/20): Check the comments. After I justify my post against criticism, a Ron Paul supporter comes by to prove my case. Which, I guess, is not surprising. For the latest: Video: Ron Paul supporters getting creepier by the minute (HotAir).

Oh, and I suppose for completeness I ought to link to my two previous Ron Paul posts:

Ron Paul goes to the post office

The reverse of love

UPDATE (10/23): Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but this is troubling: Ron Paul supporters advertising on Stormfront now? (HotAir) Yeah, I know. You can't blame him for his supporters, blah blah blah.

UPDATE (11/15): Cocker spaniel, part 2