Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


January 30, 2005

Mets celebrity gossip

Poor Mike Piazza. He has to fend off accusations that he's gay, so he goes out and marries a former Playboy centerfold model (NY Daily News article is SFW). I dare you to look her up on Google. (Google link itself is SFW, but results are NSFW.)

Meanwhile, pitcher Kris Benson's wife Anna (link probably NSFW) won't stand for playing second fiddle. An interview with her in the New York Post (SFW) provides numerous insights. For example:

Q: With Mike Piazza getting married to a former Playboy Playmate, how does it feel vying for the crown of Baseball's Sexiest Wife?

A: Mike's fiancee is beautiful and sexy, it gives me more of a reason to work out even harder. Being that Kris and I travel to NYC so often, and have to stay in hotels - its nice to know that a place like New York Sports Clubs has opened its doors to us and I can keep up my sexy figure.
Now this is much better:
Q: One person in history you would like to meet and why?

A: Ronnie Reagan. He was my favorite president of all time. He had a very calm, soothing way about him. I had a lot of respect for the fact that he let his wife be as active as she was and that she did the things that she did.

Q: Three dinner guests?

A: I would pick Nolan Ryan for my husband; I would pick President Bush for me and I would probably pick Brad Pitt so I had my own toy boy.
But maybe this is best:
Q: Best piece of advice either your mother or father gave you?

A: Keep your legs crossed and your mouth shut. I didn't follow that, but it was good advice.
Especially the part about keeping your mouth shut.