Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


January 06, 2005

Election protest march

I was in front of my office downtown at around noon, when a protest march passed by. There were maybe 50 people, some with signs, who appeared to be claiming that Bush had won the election through fraud. I joked loudly about them with a friend who watched with me, but unfortunately I didn't have my digital camera with me to record the moment. These guys were not impressive; here are some photos from Yahoo News. It would have been fun to try Protest Warrior-style infiltration -- you know, slip in among the marchers carrying a sign that says something like "Kerry won in Ohio. He just isn't aware of it." -- but they didn't deserve it.

And here is my personal favorite: Barbara Boxer shedding a tear. That is really more than I can stomach.