Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


October 14, 2004

Camera oscura

Liveblogging (consider the alternative) by others is a wonderful camera oscura in which to watch the debates. I can't bear to watch them directly, but viewing them indirectly through others' eyes is a wholly different experience.

And then, even better than that is viewing them afterwards through the eyes of Jeff Goldstein.

John Kerry: “Whatever you need, it’s yours. Need a job? You got it. Need a higher living wage? Done. Need cheap, universal healthcare? I’m your man. Need a better education? Have at it, paid in full. Relying on social security for your retirement? I’ll put it in a lock box. Tax relief? I can give you that, too. Want to lose your virginity to a teenage Mexicali hooker and a donkey? I’ll print coupons. And the best part is, every single one of my plans comes with free cole slaw and a plate of homestyle biscuits!” George Bush: “Anybody who believes this guy can deliver on even one percent of his promises deserves four years of John F’n Kerry. God bless, and good night.”

(Link via The Kerry Spot)