Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


May 20, 2008

Terribly sorry

A relative of mine who undoubtedly would prefer to remain anonymous sent me a link to this e-card site called "someecards.com."

I'd never heard of it, so I had to check it out. You know, e-cards are actually good when you're too late (or, in my case, too lazy) to get a real card. (If you asked Mrs. Attila, she'd agree with that analysis. She does the card shopping, even for my side of the family, and tells me with regret that she's an enabler.) E-cards are also good to send to people in other countries, like my anonymous relative.

Now, where was I?

Oh, yeah. When I went to the site, the first card that popped up was in the category of "confessions." It said, "I did shameful things at the Gay Pride Parade." Yeesh!

When I went back to the site, however, I came upon the category "apology." If you click on the category, you get a bunch of options. My personal favorite was: "Sorry my orgasm terrifed your neighbors."

Although I have to admit that "Sorry you were wrongfully convicted and jailed for 15 years" was a close second.

Finally, before posting this, I had to check out the "breakup" category. Not as good as I'd expected, but I did like this: "I know we haven't met but I think we should stop seeing each other."