I really didn't think I'd be writing about the dangers of externomingent acts again so soon after the story about the unfortunate dog.
But I am. This tip, if you'll pardon the expression, originally came from HotAir headlines, but the article linked there is not as good as the one at Fark, so I'm going with the latter. Nevertheless, I'd advise you to read the comments at HotAir after you learn what the story is about.
If you ever visit Australia, keep this in mind. For him, it's a story he can tell his children, assuming he's still able to have them:
A ROADSIDE toilet stop ended in pain, embarrassment and almost death for a tourist when a highly venomous snake bit the end of his penis.It got a bit of a shock? Maybe the guy got a bit of a shock, but the snake? The only way it would have had a bit of a shock is if the man's penis had been electrified, which somehow I doubt it was, unless he was making the usual mistake of urinating on an electrical power generator at the same time the snake attacked.
The deadly brown snake slithered between his legs and lunged at his manhood as he crouched on a roadside near Laura, 300km northwest of Cairns, about a month ago.
Details of the incident only came to light yesterday after they were confirmed by a paramedic, cairns.com.au reports today.
"It certainly had a swipe at him," an ambulance spokesman said yesterday.
"But it didn’t envenomate him.
"As it came through it must have got a bit of a shock."
The snake beat a hasty retreat, leaving its victim with a scratch, vomiting and abdomen pain.
Fortunately for the guy, the ambulance spokesman showed some profound guy-like sensitivity to his predicament:
The ambulance spokesman described him as "lucky", given his near encounter with one of Australia’s most poisonous snakes.I'll bet he was lucky. Every day, I bemoan my misfortune in not being bit in the choyl ha-moyed by a poisonous snake.
"I think he was a bit shocked and embarrassed," he said.