Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


February 02, 2005

Talking on the cell phone with your hands

I was wondering whether Jews and Italians (Italian-Americans, I mean) could be banned from talking on a cell phone while driving. Would it be constitutional?

Here's why. I was driving on an interstate near where I live, and I noticed a guy passing me while talking on his cell phone. So far, normal enough. But this guy would take his other hand off the wheel to "talk" with it, to gesticulate. This is the situation for which the acronym WTF (with a question mark and exclamation point) was invented.

So I'm just thinking that maybe those of us who are genetically predisposed to talk with our hands should not be allowed to talk on a cell phone in the car. Unless we can steer with our chins. Or our elbows.