Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


May 17, 2006

Guest-blogging contest

UPDATE -- Rules Change: Don't post your entry in the comments; email it to me at pillageidiot -at- hotmail -dot- com. On further reflection, it occurred to me that people might be self-conscious about posting their entries in public, so I'm making all entries private. Unless, of course, you're not posting because you think this whole contest is asinine, in which case, well, never mind.

* * * * *

I've been in a little funk about Pillage Idiot lately.

I've been tired and busy, and somehow, the stuff I've been writing doesn't seem interesting; the humor doesn't seem funny; the oddities don't seem so odd. I did a long photo comic last week involving General Hayden's nomination to head the CIA, and it was at best mildly amusing. I get the strong feeling that my readers were also underwhelmed by it. No one took the time to say something nice, and no one even took the time to point out that it sucked major eggs. A few friends, however, did tell me they got a chuckle out of it. (That's why they're friends.)

So I had an idea. While I'm getting back my mojo, maybe some of my readers who don't have their own blogs might be interested in becoming a guest-blogger. (Those of you who do have a blog and want to be a guest-blogger, send me a message by email.)

We'll do this as a contest. Here's how it'll work. Put your blogpost entry in the comments to this post. You can and should link to other sources. It can be funny or serious, long or short. You can be a blogger or just a reader. The rules of copyright and the ban on plagiarism apply in full force.

I'll bump this up to the top, and the contest will last until Monday, May 22, or such later time as I, in my arbitrary discretion, should choose. The winner or winners will get to post at least once at Pillage Idiot and maybe more, if I feel like it. You probably won't get access to the blog, but you can send me the code, and I'll post it with your chosen name in the title and at the top or bottom of the post.

Let's see how this works. I reserve the right to change these terms if things don't seem to be working out, but I'll try to hold fast, at least till Monday. Good luck!