Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


September 17, 2008

We get comments

Shortly after Sarah Palin was announced as John McCain's running mate, I put up a post called "Sarah Palin is evil." Playing into the insane reaction to her from the lunatic left and the mainstream media (but I repeat myself), the post was a spoof of the site "Bert is Evil." That's Bert, as in Sesame Street. The most famous of the "Bert is evil" photos is one in which Bert is photoshopped next to Osama bin Laden. A sign with that photo on it actually made it into an anti-American protest in, I believe, Pakistan. (Correct me if that's been debunked.) So I photoshopped Palin next to OBL. She was saying, "I killed Bert, as you requested." Ha, ha. Get it? I later added a photoshop of Palin as Natasha, next to Boris Badenov.

In the past 2-1/2 weeks, I've had well over 1,000 visitors to that post from searches for "Sarah Palin is evil" and similar searches. Another 750 or so visitors have arrived from searches for "Sarah Palin idiot." Don't worry, we're just having a little fun with you, guys.

But one visitor overnight didn't see the humor. He (I assume it was a "he") left the following delightful message in the comments:

If there's any justice left in the world, then you conservative nazis will all get cancer and die a very slow and painful death. Sadly, there's really no justice left.
I've seen numerous comments like this at other blogs, so I don't find it shocking, even if it's obviously repellent. I have a section on the right sidebar called "Plaudits for Pillage Idiot," in which I quote commenters who've called me stupid, pathetic, etc. I don't think this comment qualifies.

Now, I have no intention of attributing this sickness to everyone on the left. To my regret, some conservatives will say horrible things about their adversaries, too. But I'll never understand how some people are so deranged they would think this, let alone write it, let alone write it in the comments to someone's blog.

Based on the IP address -- yes, you creep, I have your IP address -- this is someone who lives in, or around, Calgary, Alberta. In other words, a Canadian. Bwahaha! You have wannabe-fascist government agencies prosecuting people for "wrong" opinions on matters of public policy, and you call us Nazis? Let me know when you live in a free country, and then we'll discuss who's really evil.