Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


March 30, 2007

Life imitates regional stereotypes

I stumbled on Another History Blog when my referrer logs showed a visit from that site. There was a post over there discussing state blogger carnivals, including our own Carnival of Maryland.

I'm glad I checked it out, because the top post when I visited was about a headline in the local paper from Cartersville, Georgia. (Fortunately, this town is not to be confused with Jimmy Carter. Plains, Georgia is about 200 miles south.)

The Daily Tribune headline says: "Men threatened with gun while working on one of them's car."

In case you don't believe me, I did a screencap of the page so you can still see the headline if the link goes dead.


I just wonder whether the reporter asked the victims: "Which one a yourns's car was it?"