Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


March 21, 2007

Kosher for Passover gasoline

You just knew that the story about kosher for Passover gasoline (ethanol-free) in Teaneck was too good to be true. Or maybe you didn't.

I got it today from my friend Martin I., who wrote the wonderful letter about kitniyot that I quoted in "The four stages of kitniyot" a couple of years ago. (For the record, the stages are denial, anger, fear, and humor.)

And speaking of kitniyot, I'd like to thank the Kitniyot Liberation Front for including me on the blogroll of its new blog. I'd also like to thank Rav David Bar-Hayim in Jerusalem for ruling that "that the decree against eating kitniyot is a ban that should be repealed."

Not to be picky about this, but I don't think I want to thank him for saying that his ruling "will cause a paradigm shift from 'small talk' about Kitniyoth to confronting the big issues such as the Pesah sacrifice." The Passover sacrifice is, to paraphrase Arthur Conan Doyle, a story for which the world is not yet prepared.