Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


December 29, 2007

Switching my RSS feed again

UPDATE at bottom.....

If your feed reader has suddenly shown up with about 25 posts, many of which you've already read, here's why:

I've gone back to my Yahoo Pipes RSS feed mash and ditched the standard RSS feed set up by Blogger.

The standard feed has a truly annoying quirk -- if you update a post, it treats that post as having been newly written when updated. So if I took a post from last month and added a new label to it, you would see it in your reader as if it were a new post. Idiotic.

The Yahoo Pipes feed mash solves that problem by treating the date of the post as the original published date, no matter how many times you update it. I realize that, as Soccer Dad has pointed out, with at least some readers, the Yahoo Pipes feed doesn't allow you to get directly to my home page, but I hope my readers will be willing to get there with two clicks. I beg your indulgence.

UPDATE (12/30): Yahoo Pipes seems to need some Drano(TM), so in the meantime, I'm back to the standard RSS feed. My apologies for messing with your feed readers.