Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


March 01, 2007

$)*%&#@(&!

If you've spent any time reading the big-time blogs, you'll notice that a lot of bloggers use a lot of foul language. Recently, there was some speculation that foul language is more in the domain of the sinestrosphere, the left wing of the blogosphere, than of the dextrosphere, the right wing. One blogger did a survey and published the results, which confirmed this speculation.

So in the interest of science, I ran the search test on Pillage Idiot, using George Carlin's seven words you can't say on the radio. To my surprise, it came up totally empty. I don't regularly use those words, except in bowdlerized format on my photo comics, but I still had assumed there were quotations from others here that would show up. So I redid the search with the words individually. The S-word showed up twice, both times in quotations, and the "piss" word showed up four times, twice in quotations and twice in allusions to the "artwork" called "Piss Christ." The other five Carlinesque words showed up not at all. That's a pretty good record, I'd say.