Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


July 26, 2007

Top excuses for lateness to work

According to an article, these are the ten top (technically, the ten craziest) excuses given to bosses for lateness to work:

1. Someone was following me, and I drove all around town trying to lose them.
2. My dog dialed 911, and the police wanted to question me about what "really" happened.
3. My girlfriend got mad and destroyed all of my undergarments.
4. I woke up and thought I was temporarily deaf.
5. I just wasn't "feelin' it" this morning.
6. I was up all night arguing with God.
7. A raccoon stole my work shoe off my porch.
8. I super-glued my eye thinking it was contact solution.
9. I was putting lotion on my face when my finger went up my nose causing a nose bleed.
10. A prostitute climbed into my car at a stop light, and I was afraid my wife would see her and think I was messing around... so I got out of the car.
It occurred to me that number 9 sounded a lot like John Edwards, so I began trying to match excuses with presidential candidates. I'm about halfway through with it, and I welcome your help.

1. Ron Paul. Someone's always following this paranoid.
5. Barack Obama. Sometimes, he just isn't "feelin' it."
6. Rudy Giuliani. He doesn't tell you that God won the argument.
7. Fred Thompson. If there ain't raccoons in Tennessee, then I reckon' it ain't Fred Thompson we're talkin' about.
9. John Edwards. Who else puts lotion on his face?