Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


January 01, 2007

Out with the old, in with the new?

With the new year dawning, it seemed to me to be a good time to ask any of my readers who use Blogger: Are you switching to New Blogger?

Please email me at pillageidiot -at- hotmail -dot- com, or leave a comment below.

My general attitude toward technology is to experiment and learn from my mistakes. Try all the features in new software, even if you have no idea what you're doing or how they work. You can always recover from your failures.

What I'm concerned about with New Blogger is that, apparently, you can't revert to Old Blogger once you switch.

How much work do you have to do to get New Blogger running, and is it really worth changing? Are there major issues with templates that you've modified?

I've been trolling for bloggers' reactions elsewhere, and it sounds to me as if this is more trouble than it's worth. I'd like the labels feature, but I have over 1,000 posts already, which I have no intention of updating to include labels.