Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


February 15, 2006

Valentine's Day update

Miss Manners weighs in on the subject of flirting and dating, but nothing beats the question itself (second question):

Dear Miss Manners:

I have been dating my boyfriend for four months and it came up this week that he still does not know my name. I do not know what to do about this because he has heard my name so many times, both my English name and my Italian name. I also write it on everything I have given to him, yet he still calls me by the wrong name.

He will blame it on his disabilities, yet he knows all of his co-workers first and last names, even the most recent workers. He tells me he has all of these feelings for me and really cares about me but I feel, "You can give the world to someone, but if you don't know who you are giving it to, it's just not worth it."
I hope I'm not spoiling your fun by reporting that Miss Manners, in the understatement of the year, tells the writer that "a gentleman's inability to learn the name of a lady he has been courting for four months is not a good sign." What I want to know is what kind of woman would finish a second date with this guy.