Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


February 28, 2006

"Cleavage Day" at the Supreme Court

Anna Nicole Smith's case was argued today at the U.S. Supreme Court, and who should be there to hear it but ANS herself, accompanied by a lawyer named (and I'm not making this up) Howard Stern?


The title of this post is a post-modern, self-referential inside allusion to a 2-part series I wrote a few months back about Geena Davis, who (in case you didn't know) is the President of the United States, at least on TV. In my posts, which are called President Cleavage and President Cleavage, Part 2, I started with a somewhat revealing photo of Davis that appeared on Drudge, and I wondered whether a president is constitutionally permitted to show cleavage. (Trust me, it's more amusing than it sounds.) Part 2, which was written the day the Supreme Court granted cert in Anna Nicole's case, concluded with a discussion of the supposed relevance of her case to the constitutional issue.

If you want a real discussion of the case argued today, don't read me; read SCOTUSblog and these news stories. But if you want a completely fact-free treatment of the case, President Cleavage, Part 2, is a good place to start.

And if you're wondering whether there's a Technorati tag for "cleavage," I've checked it out, and there is. But I won't stoop so low.