Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


May 21, 2006

Guest-blogging update

I've been completely overwhelmed by the response to my guest-blogging contest. I've received numerous notifications that I've won a lottery and many offers for various kinds of male enhancement. I'm going to extend the contest until Wednesday, May 24.

Meanwhile, Soccer Dad, a fellow member of the Maryland Blogger Alliance, has offered to make a few guest posts. If you haven't read Soccer Dad already, you should have. Start right now!

True story: A year ago, I wrote a long piece critical of an academic's attempt to find bias in the Maryland capital punishment system. The basic flaw was that the disparity was simply the result of the fact that different jurisdictions prosecuted murder cases differently. Soccer Dad emailed me with a 3-year-old article from the Washington Post that was relevant to the charging policies of the Baltimore prosecutor's office. I have no idea how he came up with it.

Anyway, I would like to thank him in advance for his guest-blogging offer. I don't know how he finds the time.