Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


November 21, 2004

The Jews did it

My bachelor's degree in math was in pure math, so I fled from anything having to do with the real world, like statistics.

That's why I don't really understand the statistical analysis that blogger Craig Newmark develops to show that some portion of the supposedly unusual results in Florida that the folks at Berzerkley have alleged may be attributable to the Jewish voters in three large Democratic counties. But here's what he says:

Do you think at least some Jewish voters who normally voted Democratic might have voted for President Bush? I do. (This story in the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel is mildly supportive.) Do you think that this is a more reasonable (partial) explanation for the excess in these three counties, whereas the twelve other counties that used electronic voting collectively produced no "excess" Bush votes? I do. (I don't think that the number of Jewish voters is high enough to account for the entire 130,733 excess, but it could reasonably account for part of it.)
Could these be some of my hidden Jewish voters?