Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


November 26, 2006

It's inspired some other things, too

You'll have to take my word for it when I tell you I really don't follow the movies and wouldn't recognize famous actors if I saw them in photos.

But this story (via Fark) piqued my interest: "Winslet's body inspired new Jaguar model." The article begins:

LONDON, Nov. 26 (UPI) -- Actress Kate Winslet says her body was the inspiration for Scottish engineer Ian Callum's design for the newest Jaguar model.

The "Titanic" star said during a recent TV appearance that Callum had used her body as a guide when creating the image for the new Jaguar XK coupe, the Times of London reported.
The key part of the article is not the actress's complete narcissism (Winslet said "the designer saw her as 'the perfect woman'") but rather her amusing complaint about the design: "The headlights are too small."

I think her complaint is valid.




Here's the design:




I don't know whether this solution will work -- for the car. But it's always worth a try.

UPDATE: Thanks, Ace, for the link, and welcome to AOSHQ readers.