Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


April 20, 2006

Pillage Idiot Passover Diet

Sure, Passover's over. For this year. But let's face it, we've been celebrating the holiday for about 3,300 years -- at least, after eight days it seems as if we have -- and it's pretty likely to come again next year at about the same time.

So let me give you my tried and true Pillage Idiot Passover DietTM, under which I actually lost weight this year:

Matzah -- k'zayit; zeitim -- k'matzah.

That's it.

Let me explain. You eat absolutely as little matzah as you are required to eat (the size of an olive) and you eat as much olive (by which I mean fresh fruits and vegetables, and, of course, dried fruits) as you used to eat matzah. Fruits and vegetables = good. Matzah = bad. You can also eat a reasonable amount of meat and fish, but don't abuse the privilege.

If you eat a lot of fruits and vegetables, and especially dried fruits, you won't be hungry. Trust me.