Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


December 30, 2004

Tasteless

The new big thing in New York, according to the New York Times, is a four star sushi restaurant called Masa. But for me, the biggest thing is its price: A lunch or dinner for two can easily run $1000. (That's a thousand; I didn't forget the decimal point.)

The review raises and refuses to answer two important questions:

Justifiable? I leave that question to accountants and ethicists. Worth it? The answer depends on your budget and priorities. But in my experience, the silky, melting quality of Masa's toro and uni and sea bream, coupled with the serenity of its ambience, does not exist in New York at a lower price.
But I'll sleep well knowing that the rich liberals who eat there blame Republicans for what they call an increasing income gap between rich and poor.