Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


April 16, 2007

JIB Awards -- Me, a nominee?

I got an email over the weekend.

This email informed me that I could enlarge my, um, brain by three inches. But that's not the one I want to tell you about.

I also got an email informing me that I had been nominated for a JIB award. JIB stands for Jewish and Israeli Blogs. I had been nominated in the category of Best Humor Blog. This puzzled me, because I don't really do humor. I'm just the guy in the back of your sixth grade class who shouts out an occasional wisecrack, solely to get attention. But who am I to turn down a nomination, right? The downside is that now the pressure's on me to be funny, and I don't feel very funny right about now.

The most amusing thing about this situation is that Pillage Idiot is listed at the JIB award site with the warning "MATURE Content" next to it. If you've ever seen my Pillage Idiot Advisory System, you'll know that my content isn't mature -- it's immature. But I figure the MATURE Content warning may actually work to my advantage. If you're looking for humor blogs, and one of them says MATURE Content, which is the first one you're going to check out? Hmmm?

The voting opens on Sunday, April 22, and I'll probably have an update then, or just bump this post. I don't deserve the honor, so I won't ask you to vote for me. But if you're so inclined, I promise not to give you a wedgie if you do.

I'll be too busy getting my butt kicked.