Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


April 29, 2007

Hillary was right?

Hillary was right: "We could solve global warming if we just ended cow flatulence. But politically, everyone's so goddamn sure that PEOPLE cause global warming. I can't get any interest in my damn program -- unless they think it's going to hurt people."

OK, so it wasn't really Hillary. It was my photo comic version of Hillary back in January. So give me credit.

Because the EU -- for present purposes, pronounced "EWWWWW!!" -- is now focusing on cow flatulence as a cause of global warming.

BARMY Euro MPs are demanding new laws to stop cows and sheep PARPING.

Their call came after the UN said livestock emissions were a bigger threat to the planet than transport.

The MEPs have asked the European Commission to “look again at the livestock question in direct connection with global warming”.

The official EU declaration demands changes to animals’ diets, to capture gas emissions and recycle manure.
According to the UN report, "livestock farming generates 18 per cent of greenhouse gases while transport accounts for 14 per cent."

(via McGehee, posting at protein wisdom) *

* Why McGehee wasted this gold over at pw, a blog with only about a gazillion times my traffic, instead of sending it to me I really will never understand.