Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


June 01, 2005

Movies

If you're a cranky, anti-social guy like me, and another blogger sends around a request that you and several other bloggers write about movies, you might be inclined to grumble about chain mail and feel embarrassed that you can't even remember the last time you went to the movies.

But if the blogger is a military man, and it's Memorial Day weekend, you do your patriotic duty.

1. Number of films owned on video/DVD: Probably about 20. If you expand the inquiry, I do have all 138 episodes of Get Smart, most of which were time-shifted during Nick at Nite's 1991 marathon called Maximum Smart. When the DVD comes out, I will buy it in a New York minute.

2. Last film I bought: Probably North by Northwest. And my family bought me a collection of Marx Brothers films on DVD.

3. Last film I watched: Something forgettable with my 13-year-old son. (My son just told me it was "Coach Carter," which wasn't bad, but it was obviously forgettable, at least to me.) I did once see an amusing "Get Smart"-like British film with him called "Johnny English."

4. Five films I watch a lot or are meaningful to me: I resign. Can't believe how pathetic I am. My two favorites are A Night at the Opera and North by Northwest.

At this point, the game goes, you're supposed to "tag" other bloggers. But after such a poor performance, I'm taking myself out of the gene pool.