Maryland Blogger Alliance

Alliance FAQs

Latest MBA Posts


October 14, 2004

Another Jewish liberal for Bush

Move over, Ed Koch.

An anonymous woman who identifies herself as a Jewish liberal writes to explain why she will vote for Bush "with more passionate conviction than I have ever mustered in a lifetime of voting Democratic." It is a beautiful essay, and I can only hope that it reflects the secret thinking of other Jewish liberals. Here is the beginning. Please read the entire essay over at The Command Post.

Why This Lifelong Jewish Liberal is Voting Republican

When I pull the lever on November 2nd for George Bush, I will be voting with more passionate conviction than I have ever mustered in a lifetime of voting Democratic.

My motive is simple: I believe the moral imperative of our time is to fully prosecute the War on Terror. As a Jew, I believe this sacred fight embodies the deepest Jewish values, so eloquently expressed by the ancient sage Hillel: “If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?”